My Top 3 Mentors and the Mindsets of Success
Each time I’m interviewed about my work, the back and forth of the interview reveals new insights. As I lens my answers through memories and experiences, insights rush forward from learnings. And, as in this new podcast, I recall leaders who have significantly influenced my professional choices and guided me through many chapters of my entrepreneurial journey. It was fun to record this interview with Gregg Garrett of Corporate Growth Strategy (CGS) Advisors for the You, Me, and Your Top Three podcast, which focuses on “exploring leadership in the connecting world.”
In the episode, I share what I’ve learned from my most influential mentors, including Randall Murphy, a business owner who took a chance on me when I was young; Brad Feld, Managing Director of Foundry Group and co-founder of Techstars; and Bob McDonald, former CEO of P&G.
Highlights of our conversation include:
- Why a “student of the game” mindset is essential in the entrepreneurial space.
- How a teaching mindset helped me navigate the tech industry.
- Risk and VC investments—and the importance of getting comfortable with risk.
- Why social impact matters in for-profit business.
- How to leverage key experiences into new opportunities.
- Why embracing fear is necessary to learning and success.